Victorian Karting Officials Now Require A Working With Children Check By August 1st

The Victorian State Government has made amendments to the Working with Children Check Act 2005 that will come into effect on 1 August, 2017. 

These changes will now require ALL Victorian Officials to obtain a Working with Children Check as part of their licence. These amendments are being made following a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. 

Information regarding the changes can be found here: http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home/about+the+check/purpose/changes+to+legislation/

For those officials who already hold a valid check and has not be recorded in your licence, details will need to be emailed to vka@bigpond.net.au

The email should include:
– Your full name;
– KA licence number;
– Working with Children Check number/reference;
– Working with Children Check expiry date; 
– a scanned copy/photograph of the card. 

How do I get one?
For those that don’t currently have a check, one can be obtained free of charge from the following link: http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home/applications/apply+for+a+check/apply+in+victoria

To begin the application, hit the blue ‘start application’ box at the bottom of the page.
. Please list the association as Karting Victoria . P.O.MAIDEN GULLY 3551 .

Once the online application is complete, you will need to visit an Australia Post outlet to verify your identity free of charge. Once you receive approval, please email the same details as above to vka@bigpond.net.au

These checks are compulsory for Victorian Officials and need to be applied for by August 1. Any official who is yet to provide their details by this date will be ineligible to participate in Victorian KA permitted events until they do so. 

Presently Victoria is the only state expanding their definition of ‘direct contact’ and removing references to ‘Supervision’, however it is anticipated that these amendments will be adopted by other State Governments over the next 12 months.  

Please direct all queries to vka@bigpond.net.au

Main people in CMS to have their WWCC recorded by the State office
Clerk of Course
Timing officers
Lap scorers

Club people (This is the club responsibility to ensure these volunteers have a WWCC and the club has a copy of the WWCC on file.

These volunteers need to list the club on their application form.
Volunteers to assist KA officials. i.e Tyre markers, scales, flag points.

See more information from the Karting Victoria Working With Children Check FAQ PDF below.
Karting Victoria Working With Children Check FAQ PDF