This now means that both Metropolitan Melbourne Clubs and Regional Clubs can also operate under the same levels of restrictions.Importantly, there is also further clarification surrounding the vaccination status for all attendees aged 16 years and over.Please see below for Karting Australia’s advice based on the Government’s Directions for Activities and Competition in Victoria.
All Victorian Clubs
– Open for all ages for training and competition. All people aged 16 years or over are highly recommended to be fully vaccinated, or an “excepted person” (see Page 2 for the definition and requirements), to attend the facility.
* Clarification on the above point is that under the Public Health Directions Community Sport is exempt from requiring all attendees to be fully vaccinated, however, it is Karting Australia’s recommendation for all attendees to be fully vaccinated.
– Limited to the minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. Drivers, Coaches, Officials).
– Spectators are permitted up to a maximum of 30 people who are not directly involved as a Driver, Mechanic, Official or other personnel facilitating the activity.
– Masks will continue to be required to be carried at all times and worn by ALL attendees everywhere indoors or a social distance is unable to be maintained, unless an exemption applies.
– COVID-19 Check-In Officers as per Victorian Government Covid Safe requirements. It is important to note that all of the information above is subject to change and based on the latest information provided from the respective governments.
(1) A person’s vaccination status is one of the following:
(a) fully vaccinated; or
(b) excepted person.
(2) A person is fully vaccinated if the person has received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
(3) A person is an excepted person if:
(a) the person holds certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical contraindication; or
(b) the person holds certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine due to an acute medical illness (including where the person has been diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2); or
(c) the person is under 16 years of age.
(4) A certification for the purpose of subclause (3)(b) is effective until the earlier of:
(a) the date specified by the medical practitioner; or
(b) the date 6 months from the date the certification was given by the medical practitioner.