MESSAGE TO KARTING VICTORIA AND CLUBS
20 September 2021
Good Afternoon, Following yesterday’s announcement by the Premier of Victoria, please see below a summary of what the roadmap indicates for activities at your Club over the coming months.
REGIONAL (Other than Eastern Lions Kart Club)
There is no change to the previous advice, your Circuit is able to be open for Social Karting Activities based on the following requirements:
– Open for all ages for training purposes only
– The activity does not involve a participant who ordinarily resides in the Restricted Area
– Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
– Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. Drivers, Coaches, Officials)
– Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as Officials and one parent to supervise their children)
– Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exception applies.
– COVID-19 Check-In Officers as per Victorian Government requirements
It is anticipated that Competition will be able to resume in November with limited numbers at your venue. Further information will be provided over the coming weeks and Karting Victoria will be working with Clubs on the scheduling of events as this is confirmed by the Government.
EASTERN LIONS KART CLUB
The recently announced Stay at Home Orders prohibit any activities being conducted at your Circuit. Once these Orders are lifted, it is expected that the requirements will be as per those mentioned above for other Regional Clubs. Karting Australia and Karting Victoria will confirm in due course.
GO-KART CLUB OF VICTORIA AND OAKLEIGH GO-KART RACING CLUB
The current Stay at Home Orders prohibit any activities being conducted at your Circuit. It is expected that in Social Karting Activities will be able to resume at your Circuit in late October.
The Roadmap published by the Victorian Government outlines the intention for Competition to be able to resume in November (inline with Regional Clubs) with limits on the maximum number of people allowed at your venue.
Confirmation on the dates for the ability to host Social Karting Activities (expected to be late October) and Competition (expected to be November) is anticipated in the coming weeks.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pam Arnett on 0409 334 175 (email@example.com).
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer