Following the Premier’s press conference on Wednesday 31 August 2021 the latest Restricted Activity Directions and Stay at Home Directions have been published and the news is not good. Specifically, these are Restricted Activity Directions (Victoria)(No27) and Stay at Home Directions (Victoria)(No8)
WHAT WE KNOW:
1. The lockdown has been extended, for all of Victoria at this stage, to 23rd September or until the 70% target of at least one vaccination for all eligible Victorians has been met;
2. The immediate easing of Restrictions from 11:59pm on 2 September relates only to the opening of community playgrounds and in-home childcare for authorised workers;
3. The major proposed relaxed Restrictions to come into place on 23 September are: a. Extend travel radius from 5km to 10km b. Increase exercise time within that from 2hours to three hours; c. Increase in density rates on constructions sites to 50%; d. Outdoor personal training for two people plus the instructor.
4. The Premier alluded to Regional Victoria (except for Shepparton) being treated differently to Metropolitan Melbourne with further eased Restrictions for Regional Victoria from next week.
5. The curfew is not being lifted in Metropolitan Melbourne on 23 September.
WHAT WE DON’T KNOW:
1. How long the Lockdown and Restrictions to be announced on 23 September will last;
2. When the Regional Victoria eased Restrictions will commence;
3. How far the Regional Victoria eased Restrictions will go in relation to community sport.
WHAT THIS MEANS:
1. As a result of these latest Restrictions, and the proposed changes to them on 23 September, Club Days and any intended Social Karting Activities are cancelled for Metropolitan Clubs until further notice;
2. Club days and Social Karting Activities for Regional Clubs are suspended until the Victorian Government announces what the eased Restrictions for Regional Victoria are going to be;
3. Depending upon the nature of those eased Restrictions for Regional Victoria, Club Days and Social Karting Activities will either be re-instated or cancelled in Regional Victoria. Any significant Restrictions still in place from 23 September that prevent free movement around the State may put in jeopardy the Victorian Country Series and Golden Power Series rounds in early and mid-October. We will address this situation once details of Restrictions beyond 23 September are known.
Regrettably, just like all of you, Karting Victoria is not in any position to change these circumstances. We can only abide by the requirements of the State Government and provide assistance and guidance to ensure Clubs are best informed about how to comply with these requirements. After the lockdowns of 2020 our sport proved itself to be resilient with a resurgence in entry numbers in both the Victorian Country Series and the Golden Power Series. During that time, club volunteers and club administration teams worked tirelessly under trying circumstances to ensure the best outcomes for the sport. We all did it then. We can all do it now. There will be an end to this, and we will undoubtedly appreciate our sport all the more when it does come to an end.
All social Karting and club days have been cancelled this weekend under the Government Instructions in regards to community sport.
Karting Victoria Covid update: 20th August 2021
In light of the escalating COVID issues facing all States, combined with the prevailing border restrictions, it has become necessary to make a decision on the calendar for the remainder of the 2021 year. There have been some significant meetings removed to be able to achieve a fair and equitable outcome for all clubs
The clubs impacted by the cancellation of meetings have been involved in discussions about that decision. To a fault these clubs have been generous in their support for the clubs who have not had the opportunity to hold an open meeting in 2020 and so far in 2021. The focus of VKA has been to ensure that all clubs are able to run an open meeting this year.
The VKA Executive extends thanks in particular to the Go Kart Club of Victoria and the Albury Wodonga Kart Club for their generosity, understanding, and their support of those clubs.
We truly hope this is the last revision that is required, but this virus can throw a curve ball with no notice. Therefore, VKA reserves the right to update the calendar if circumstances demand it.
The revised calendar is attached for your attention and will be published to the VKA website in due course.
Yours in karting,
VICTORIAN KARTING ASSOCIATION INC.
August 20th Updated calendar
Club Day Weekend
Club Day Weekend
We suggest that there be collaboration between clubs, as there was in this similar situation in 2020, to maximise the opportunity for participation where clubs are geographically proximate
On behalf of the Wimmera Kart Racing Club it is with great disappointment that we have to announce that round 4 of the VCS at Horsham on September 4th & 5th has been postponed yet again due to Covid restrictions and we are unable to proceed with this date.
The rescheduled date for this event is now October 2nd and 3rd.
The Hamilton VCS round 5 that was originally scheduled for October 2nd and 3rd has now been moved to October 23rd and 24th.
Wimmera Kart Racing Club has been working closely with Karting Victoria and have made this decision collectively that it is unfair to our South Australian fellow competitors with restrictions to enter Victoria and for our Tasmanian friends and of course all our Melbourne competitors restricted with their movements that the only right thing to do is to call it early so competitors may cancel their accommodation and make other arrangements for that weekend.
On behalf of the Wimmera Kart Racing Club and Karting Victoria, STAY SAFE
Club Day is set to go ahead for this weekend 21st/22nd of August at the Portland, Warrnambool and Wimmera Kart Clubs.
If you are able to go racing this weekend head to one of these clubs to support their Club Day.
Entries close 2 days prior to the meeting, download the Club Day Supp Regs from the Club Day page at kartingvic.net.au
Please check with these Club via their facebook pages for the latest updates on the meeting.
Please be aware of the latest COVID related restrictions from Karting Victoria and Karting Australia, also no spectators are currently allowed.
We are look forward to finally getting back to doing some racing this weekend at the Portland, Warrnambool and Wimmera Kart Clubs!
News section has been updated with a release regarding the latest Victoria restriction changes.
Following today’s announcement by the Premier of Victoria, please see below a summary of what it means for the sport of karting in Victoria.
Social Karting Activities can resume at Regional Victorian Clubs as of tomorrow, Tuesday August 10 and Club Events can proceed as scheduled for this weekend based on the following requirements:
• Open for all ages, training and competition.
• Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
• Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players,
• Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers,
coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians)
• Maximum 300 people in attendance at the venue
• COVID-19 Marshalls and Check-In Officers as per previous advice and Victorian
Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exception applies.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email ) or Pam Arnett on 0409 334 175 ().
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer
Karting Victoria – Urgent Advice to all Clubs
Date: 5 August 2021 Statewide Lockdown
The Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced a snap seven-day lockdown at 4:15 today. This lockdown commences at 8pm today and is proposed to end at 11:59pm on 12 August 2021. This lockdown #6 imposes stronger restrictions than those already in place under Restricted Activity Directions (Victoria) (No 21).
As a result of these more stringent restrictions, no karting activities are permitted to take place during this lockdown. This includes Social Karting and Club Day Competition. The recent lockdown #5 was extended likewise and there is no guarantee that this seven-day lockdown #6 will necessarily end at the proposed time of 11:59 12 August 2021. This situation is very fluid, and we will monitor all information as it becomes available and will provide further advice based on that information.
This is very disappointing, but obviously beyond the control of any of us.
Stay strong and stay safe.
Yours in Karting
News section has been updated with the latest COVID update from Karting Australia (see Victorian restrictions for new lockdown update this evening).
News section has been updated with “Karting Victoria Calendar update September to December and Karting Victoria urgent advice to Clubs 30 July 2021, Covid restrictions – Social Karting activities and Club Days”.
Following today’s announcement by the respective Premiers, please see below a summary of what it means for the sport of karting.
South Australia Social Karting Activities can resume as of tomorrow, Wednesday July 28 or when your Club is next available to run an activity.
No Competition is permitted this weekend – this means the Festival State Cup Round 3 has been postponed. Karting SA will advise of a revised date once it is finalised and restrictions on gatherings are confirmed next week.
Face Masks are recommended for anyone over 12 years of age while not competing.
Victoria Social Karting Activities can resume as of tomorrow, Wednesday July 28 or when your Club is next available to run an activity.
• Open for all ages, training and competition. • Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
• Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
• Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians) Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exception applies.
Karting Victoria is currently finalising the event schedule for the remainder of the year, beginning with an August Club Day to provide the opportunity for licence holders all across the State to get back racing in a timely manner. Further calendar announcements will be made throughout August.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email ) or your respective State Administrator Rob Burgemeister on 0499 222 060 () or Pam Arnett on 0409 334 175 ().
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer
Supp Regs are now available for Round 5 of the Golden Power Series being held at the Bendigo Kart Club on the 21st and 22nd of August and Supp Regs for the 2021 Junior Sprint Classic being held at the Eastern Lions Kart Club on the 2nd and 3rd of October.
Supp Regs are now avilable for the 2021 North West Tiles being held at the Mildura Kart Club.
The meeting was originally scheduled for June 12 and 13 but was postponed due to to the COVID lockdown situation.
The Mildura Kart Club and Karting Victoria looks forward to seeing all competitors at the event.
This weekends scheduled VCS round 4 at the Wimmera Kart Racing Club has been postponed due to the latest Victorian snap lockdown.