MESSAGE TO KARTING AUSTRALIA (NSW), KARTING VICTORIA, KARTING TASMANIA AND CLUBS 18 October 2021
Good Afternoon, There has been a number of changes to COVID restrictions across the county over the past 48 hours. Some have been implemented immediately and others flagged for implementation in the coming days.
Based on the latest information from the respective governments, please see below for what these changes means for karting in NSW, Victoria and Tasmania.
KARTING VICTORIA AND CLUBS
The Victorian Government have updated the Road Map to Recovery, however, as the Public Health Orders are yet to be published. The following details can only be used as an indication at this time. As soon as the Public Health Orders confirm the exact details we will advise of any changes – particularly to Metropolitan.
• Open for all ages for training purposes only
• The activity does not involve a participant who ordinarily resides outside of the Restricted Area
• Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
• Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. Drivers, Coaches, Officials)
• Spectators are NOT permitted
• Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exemption applies.
• COVID-19 Check-In Officers as per Victorian Government requirements
REGIONAL There is no change to the previous advice, your Circuit can be open for Social Karting Activities based on the following requirements: – Open for all ages for training purposes only – The activity does not involve a participant who ordinarily resides in Metropolitan Melbourne – Density quotient of 1 person per 2sqm applies outdoor, 1 person per 4sqm indoor – Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. Drivers, Coaches, Officials) – Spectators are permitted provided the density quotient is not exceeded – Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exemption applies. – COVID-19 Check-In Officers as per Victorian Government requirements It is anticipated that Competition* will be able to resume from November 5. (Group sizes and maximum numbers are still to be confirmed) *It is expected that when Competition returns that it will be a Victorian Government directive that all attendees at Clubs (Regional and Metropolitan) will be required to be fully vaccinated.
KARTING AUSTRALIA NSW AND CLUBS
As of this morning, restrictions have eased in New South Wales providing the opportunity for increased numbers at venues and Competition to resume when desired by the State Association and Clubs. The following restrictions will apply for fully vaccinated people aged 16 years and over, children under the age of 16, and people who have been issued with a medical contraindication certificate compliant with the latest Public Health Order.
Under Clause 2.12 of the Order:
• The maximum number of people for a COVID-19 safe outdoor public gathering (such as a Social Karting Activity) is 200 people. A COVID-19 Safety Plan for Outdoor Events is required for gatherings of this type – which all KANSW affiliated Clubs currently have in place.
Clause 2.13 of the Order, which previously referenced outdoor sport and exercise gatherings being limited to 20 people, has been removed. This means the same rules apply to sport and exercise gatherings as what is in Clause 2.12.
People from ‘Greater Sydney’ (including Central Coast, Wollongong, Shellharbour and Blue Mountains) CAN NOT travel outside of these regions unless they are traveling for work purposes.
People from Regional areas such as Newcastle, Bega and Grafton can travel anywhere within REGIONAL NSW but can not travel to ‘Greater Sydney’ prior to November 1, 2021.
The Stay at Home Directions that were enforced on the 12 Local Government Areas (LGA) as of Friday evening, will be lifted as of 6pm tonight. This means that Karting Activities can resume at the Southern Tasmanian Kart Club when the Club wishes to. For residents from one of these 12 LGAs, it also means:
• Masks will apply indoors and outdoors for anyone 12 years and over unless in their home or in their own vehicle driven either by themself or with their immediate family.
• If a resident leaves the 12 LGAs which were under lockdown, or travel north out of that area, they must continue to wear their mask while they’re in another part of the state.
• If somebody travels into the 12 LGAs from another part of the state, they will need to wear a mask. At this stage, there are no other restrictions than the wearing of masks as outlined above. It is important to note that all of the information above is subject to change and based on the latest information provided from the respective governments.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email email@example.com) or your State Administrator.
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer